Friday, January 23, 2009

Regarding the Chronicles of Narnia

You may have noticed, it's on the list. But it's not on my list, the list of books within the list, which I have already read.

Which seems wrong. To me, anyway.

I read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as a child. I remember a collection of the entire series, arranged in the order in which they were written, which is the way it was back then, although these days they seem to be arranged in chronological order whenever they are packaged for sale as a collection. I can't remember if the books belonged to me or my older sister, but I know that she read all of them, and I read the first one. I may have started the second one, but I don't really remember. Since then I've meant to read the entire series. Haven't done it yet.

On a somewhat related note, I have a cat named Aislan. Not Aslan, Aislan. He is not named after the famous Jesus lion, although I guess there probably are a lot of house cats named Aslan out there. His name is a Gaelic name, which everyone mispronounces as Aslan, and which I later learned I was mispronouncing as ACE-lin, but at that point it was too late, as I was too fond of calling him "Ace" for short (the name should be pronounced ASH-lin, and is also a female name, which are just two examples of the trouble with looking up Gaelic names on the Internet).



No comments:

Post a Comment