Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Book: The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett

My next book from the list is The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett. This is part of the 37-book series Discworld, and each book in the set is on the list. I should say, 37 and counting; book 38 is anticipated in 2010. I don't intend to read the entire series back to back (although who knows, that might happen).

I started reading The Color of Magic once before at the recommendation of a friend. I'd read Good Omens, and he told me I should really read the Discworld series. For some reason, I didn't get into it at that time and stopped reading. I think I was reading 2 or 3 things at once, and got so distracted from The Color of Magic that I wasn't really taking it in. This time around it is sinking in better, and I'm already well into the book only a week after starting it.

Also, it's very nice not to be reading Victorian literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment